Lots of mixed emotions on that run from Bills fans judging from the twitter responses when it happened yesterday afternoon. I personally think it’s great. It’s not like Lynch left the time with a bad wrap. On top of that I like rooting for the underdog and the Seahawks sure were one yesterday. Lets just see how long they can keep this up.
Been slacking here lately but now that Football is coming into full gear and Hockey camp is just around the corner I’m getting pumped for the upcoming seasons.
- I know it’s just the preseason but could the Bill’s game on Friday night have been any worse? Our offense looks like the same boring one as before with check-down after check down. On top of that our “overfilled” backfield is now down the the rookie Spiller with Lynch and Jackson both out for weeks, both likely missing opening weekend. Lets hope for some improvement on Thursday.
- Schobel finally decided to retire. At least he decided before Favre.
- The cup was in Buffalo this weekend with some interesting stories coming from it…mainly it and Kane being stuck in the basket of a firetruck while it was 70′ in the air. Of course you had the typical Kane “frat boy” story. I think he’d be the type that’s either a ton of fun to hang out with or completely annoying.
- Sabres announced the opening day of camp on the 18th of September which is also when they’ll be unveiling the new third jersey. I’m secretly hoping it’s not awesome enough to force me to spend the money on one…I planned on keeping my current old style third jersey till Gaustad was gone which I’m hoping is also never.
- Tickets go on sale this Saturday for pre-season and individual games. I’m hoping to make the trip up for a pre-season game and opening night…although I’ll probably StubHub the home opener as I’m a seat snob.
The first couple seasons of Lynch’s career were promising. Buffalo needed a bright spot and they got it in the form of a talented young running back. He quickly won the hearts of Buffalo with the in your face “beast mode” style of running and just as quickly racked up the yards leading him to a pro bowl berth in 2008 (even though it was as an injury replacement).
Shortly after that his life was a downward spiral. First it was a hit and run that resulted in only a small fine and a revoked license. However, 3 days after his 2009 Probowl appearance, he was found in a car smelling of marijuana and containing a loaded handgun which turned out to be Lynch’s. Besides the criminal charges he was forced to sit out the first 3 games of the 2009-2010 season.
Those three games resulted in the loss of even more field time as Fred Jackson proved he deserved a shot as the Bill’s number one runner. Time was split between the two with Jackson ending up with the majority of it. When it was all over Jackson ended up earning his first ever 1000 yard season where as Jackson only netted 450 yards on 120 carries.
Now, as the 2010 season approaches, there is yet another running back that Lynch will have to fight for playing time with…CJ Spiller. A standout in his college days at Clemson who, if he has the skills required for the NFL, could also cut into Lynch’s carries.
It’s no secret that Buffalo was trying to deal Lynch this off-season. What they were after is a little less clear but it appears as if they could not get what they thought Lynch was worth. With 3 quality running backs and a less than stellar QB field Buffalo may have one quality ground game if the rest of the offense (mainly the criticized offensive line) can support the 3 stars.
Image Courtesy of ESPN